Monday, August 3, 2009

Making Chocolate Crinkles

Yesterday was the first time I baked chocolate crinkles, which I gave as a gift to my cousin Camille for her birthday. I've always wanted to bake crinkles because it's one of my favorite desserts and they look simple to bake. I'll be sharing you how I did the crinkles step-by-step:

STEP 1: In a bowl, mix 1 ½ cups sugar, ¾ cup vegetable oil, and 2 spoons vanilla. Add 3 eggs in the process.





STEP 2: In a separate bowl, mix ¾ cup cocoa, 2 cups flour, 2 tablespoons baking powder and ½ teaspoon salt.




STEP 3: Make a well in the dry mixture and pour into it the wet mixture from steps 1 and 2. Mix well.




STEP 4: Place the mixture in a plastic food wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.



STEP 5: Preheat oven (200 Celsius). Shape into 1" balls and roll in powdered sugar.




STEP 6: Bake the balls in oven for 9 - 11 minutes. Here is how my crinkles looked like after baking:



After I cool the crinkles for around 20 minutes, I sprinkle the cookies with some powdered sugar to make it more sweet and sugar-y. :D



EVALUATION

I got some comments that the crinkles were not very sweet, so I suggest to put an additional 1/2 cup of sugar. Also, I used Hershey's Cocoa and for me, there is something missing on the chocolate taste. Maybe using 1 cup of cocoa instead of 3/4 cup would do the trick, but what I'd like to also try is use Hershey's Dark Chocolate Cocoa. Dark chocolate crinkles? MMmmm.. :) I'm a fan of dark chocolate so I will definitely try this next time. :)

I'd like to hear your comments/suggestions if you tried this recipe or if you know a crinkles recipe you'd like to share. :)


6 comments:

borgy said...

thanks for the crinkles! they're very yummy :) next time we can try the dark chocolate cocoa. i had fun (though i was tired in the end haha) helping you make them! :)

Happy Ducky said...

Thanks Borgy! :) Yes it was fun shaping the balls! :D

Char said...

i forgot to try the crinkles! i'll get them next time!

Happy Ducky said...

@Char - no prob! Yeah I'll make again next time, I'll make it yummier! :D

TheT said...

ahahaha id love to have a taste of that delicious crinkles my friend! :) ur blog page is fantastic! :) very nice work jaq! keep it up - TheT

Happy Ducky said...

@Thet- thanks so much Thet!

Post a Comment