Sunday, August 9, 2009

My new earphones: Pioneer SE-CL20U

I bought new earphones because I have been having difficulty with using the earphones that came with my iPod Nano. When I use the iPod earphones for long, it hurts my ears.

There is no particular reason why I chose these earphones. I just figured Pioneer is a good brand and it was reasonably priced for the brand at PhP 990 (less than $20). It's the kind of earphones shaped like a bullet that fits snugly in your ears.

Testing the earphones, it works well, meaning, the music I hear sounds just right and is faithful to how it should sound. It's not spectacular earphones, but it will do for me while I'm at my desk in the office. I also bought an extension cable for my earphones because my PC in the office is under the table. This will enable my earphones to reach the PC. :)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where's the review?

Happy Ducky said...

Hi, it's not really meant to be a review, but if you ask me to rate it from 1-10 (10 being the highest), I'd give it a 7.5 rating. The sound quality isn't spectacular, but I am able to listen to the music well. I noticed one thing though, the earphones work better with the PC than using it on my iPod.

Anonymous said...

a 7.5 rating but the sound quality isn't spectacular? Better review it again...

Happy Ducky said...

Okay I'll be more specific in my ratings. :)

Sound quality when using with the PC - 7.5 (I am satisfied with the sound quality because it is true to the sounds of the song/video, but I know there are better earphones out there)

Sound quality when using with the iPod - 4.0 (the sound isn't the same as when using iPod earphones. It's like there's something missing)

Value for money - 6.5 (these earphones do not give me the flexibility to use between my MP3 player and PC, but this is alright for me because I intended to use the earphones for my office PC only. The earphones are also comfortable to my ears and the small rubber buds come in 3 sizes.)

I hope this comment has helped. :)

Josh said...

Hi Ate Jacqui. Josh here. The reason why most earphones doesnt work well with iPods is because most ipods(not sure about the new ones) still depend on the quality of the mp3 file. It doesnt equalizes the volume when you play music. You have to adjust it from time to time.

Happy Ducky said...

Hi Josh! Yes it could be an iPod problem too. I just wish the iPod earphones are made more comfortably, maybe I wouldn't have bought these new ones. Thanks for your comment! :D

Josh said...

No problem! i havent found the "right" earphones for me too.. Right now im using the Nike lightweight aero earphones and they're great.

borgy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
borgy said...

i like sennheiser earphones. their sound quality is great, but they're more expensive, and their durability needs improvement IMHO. my sennheiser earphones lost sound on one side and my headphones in the office lost all its foam on the ear muffs :(

Post a Comment