Thursday, July 30, 2009

Print Screen only on the active window is possible!

Common knowledge on using the Print Screen (at least for me) is that you just press the Print Screen key and paste whatever it is shown on your screen to a graphics editor like Paint, right? This suits you if you intend to print screen the entire screen. But what if you only want to print screen one window? There is a way!

Let me demonstrate:


Step 1 : Activate the desired window to print screen. For this purpose, I made the calculator window active.

Step 2 : Press Alt + Print Screen key. Here's how it looks like in my screen:



Step 3 : Paste the image on a graphics editor. I used Paint:




Voila! Only the calculator window was pasted.

By the way, this works on Windows and on Linux. Thanks to Borgy for sharing this! :)

3 comments:

Camille said...

See if you had a Mac... You can just select windows to capture! :D Haha!

Happy Ducky said...

I'm poor, can't afford a Mac. :( I'm using Linux Mint 7, it's like a Mac-substitute! :D

kristian said...

Open the window you will copy and press ALT + Prt Scr

Post a Comment