Friday, September 18, 2009

Sun Cellular's latest: Mobile and Landline in ONE SIM & PHONE


As a loyal Sun postpaid subscriber of Plan 350, I receive email from The Sun Shop on the latest services and promos. This evening, to my surprise, I received an email from Sun that it is now possible to turn my phone into a mobile landline! My initial reaction?

"Yes, finally a competitor of Globe Duo!!!"

PRICE
From the ad, I just have to pay an additional PHP 249.00 on top of my current subscription plan at PHP 350.00/ month. That would be a total of PHP 599/mo. for a mobile and landline subscription...not bad at all! This is a lot cheaper than Globe Duo, which asks subscribers to pay an additional PHP 399.00/ month.

WHO CAN AVAIL?
Those who are Sun Cellular Regular Postpaid Subscribers and Group Plan subscribers.

HOW TO AVAIL?
Dial *738# or Text SDU ON to 2738.

And then in tinier red font on the ad, it states,

Subject to a 6-month subscription contract.

Ummm what does that mean? I have to be a postpaid subscriber for at least 6 months to enjoy the service? Or is there a lock-in period of 6 months once I have availed of this new version of Sun's Double Unlimited?

There's no information from the Sun Cellular website, I hope they post details soon. I'm wondering, will the unlimited landline service be limited to Digitel-to-Digitel calls? I hope not, because most landlines I know are on PLDT.

On the subject of PLDT, will we see something like this with Smart-PLDT?


8 comments:

borgy said...

this is really cheap!! i hope it doesn't clog the networks even more though. and i think it means there is a 6 month lock-in period to the landline service only, it doesn't apply to your postpaid plan.

Happy Ducky said...

I hope this won't clog the networks too!

I think this service should have a free trial period!!!

Char said...

i really love SUN! It makes the two big providers (Smart and Globe) more affordable (because they have to be competitive)! and their services aren't bad! They also came up with their own internet everywhere thing (the flash disk thing that you stick on your computer)!

Happy Ducky said...

@Char - Yes I agree that Sun really challenges Smart and Globe on the pricing of their products! Haha the Internet everywhere thing is called Sun Broadband Wireless, and I've heard that it has good connection, better than Smart Bro and Globe Tattoo ;)

Anonymous said...

I've been a Sun Cellular fanatic and enjoying its services for 6 yrs and have been using my current prepaid number for my business and personal use for 4 years already. I hope they will offer this also to prepaid subscribers. I don't wan't to change my number anymore or buy a new phone just to have a globe duo.

Anonymous said...

Hi there! I just wanted to ask if you are using Sun Wireless Broadband (Huawei E220) on your Linux Mint 7 OS? I wanted to try Linux on my MSI Wind Notebook and right now I'm testing it (Mint 7) in a desktop PC but I can't install the modem (E220). Hope you can help me with that, thanks! ^_^

borgy said...

Hi Anonymous (Nov 16),

neither Happy Ducky nor I have tried Sun Wireless Broadband on Linux Mint, but this link may help you:

http://blog.kaliwanagan.ath.cx/index.php/2008/12/30/using-sun-broadband-wireless-with-ubuntu-linux-in-10-easy-steps/

Mint is derived from Ubuntu so the steps should also apply. please take note that if the autonotification does not appear, right click the networkmanager icon, select edit, click the mobile broadband tab, and select new to setup your access point.

The Huawei E220 has been supported from Ubuntu 7.10 onwards. Hope this helps! :)

windows mobile said...

great thanks for sharing this post i really like this post.

Post a Comment